I hope everyone is doing well as they have either taken or will be taking their midterms during this time.
We have many events approaching in these last two weeks of LGBT History Month!
(1) Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - Gender Benders - VC 3-215 from 12:40 to 2:20
On Tuesday, we will be holding our third LGBT History Month Event. We will be watching an episode of Sundance's Transgeneration, with a following discussion on transgenderism and transsexualism among college students and the issues that arise for these students. Movie Snacks will be served!
(2) Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - Freak Fest Committee Meeting - 12:40 to 2:00 - Location TBA
On Wednesday, we will be holding a meeting to discuss Freak Fest and different things that we need help with during the night of the party. This is great opportunity for members to get directly involved with our events through helping out during the party and also contributing ideas that will make the party a great success.
(3) Thursday, October 23, 2008 - Costume Rally for Freak Fest - VC 2nd Floor Lobby - All Day
Come and help promote our last LGBT History Month Event: Freak Fest. If you can, this'll be a great opportunity for you to show off a little preview of the costume that you will be wearing to Freak Fest. We need help handing out flyers for the event by the escalators in the 2nd Floor Lobby of the Vertical Campus. Any amount of time that you are able to provide will be greatly appreciated and noted. (Costumes are NOT required, but ENCOURAGED!) :)
Minutes from 10/16/2008 Freak Fest Committee Discussions
(1) Floor Arrangement of Multipurpose Room and outside hallway.
(2) Advertising - Costume Rally on Thursday, Volunteers need to hand out flyers on Tuesday!
(3) Schedule for Event Night
5:00 to 7:30 - Set Up
7:30 to 8:00 - Food Set Up
8:00 P.M. - Party Starts
8:30 P.M. - Start Handing Out Food
9:30 P.M. - Start Handing Out Candy
10:00 P.M. - Dessert
10:30 P.M. - Costume Contest
(4) Donation - We will be asking for a voluntary donation at the food table that will go towards a charity. The charity will be voted on at the next committee meeting.
(5) Goodie Bags - We will be meeting on Monday, October 27th, and Tuesday, October 28th, to make the goodie bags for the event.
(6) DJ - We have reserved and booked DJ Collard (kull-ard) for the event.
(7) Costume Contest - There will be a stickers system for two or three groups of costume contests. Each sticker will be a different color and will be handed out to guests at the door if they are wearing a costume. Contest will be further discussed at the next committee meeting.
We hope to see you all at our upcoming events and meetings. We really need help and support for these events, so please advertise and promote them to your friends as best as you can!
~GLASS - The Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Society of Baruch College
Kevin Ng, President
Jenny Woo, Secretary
Hector Tavarez, Treasurer